Re: Setting up a NetWinder

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, Chris McKillop wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 15, 2000 at 07:22:04PM -0500, Rod Stewart wrote:
> >
> > 	ftp://ftp.netwinder.org/pub/netwinder/SRPMS/dm/3.1-15/
> > 		XFree86-3.3.3.1-36nw10.src.rpm
>
> 	Cool.  Has Rebel tried to get this integrated back into the
> main XFree source tree???

I don't believe so.  Oh, let me warn you:  This X patch is really ugly.
At present it references a bunch of BSD code, which is actually Linux
code, just in the wrong spot.  It is also only targeted to the NetWinder
at present.  It really should be rewritten, and I'm doing my best to avoid
it. :)  I shudder whenever I think about it.

> > Or do you want a precompiled SVGA server to start with?  I have one which
> > is linked against a versioned glibc, just let me know and I can put it up.
>
> 	I would take this right now and make a deb out of it while we
> figure something else out.  Wanna post a URL to it?

You should be able to find it at (along with the remainder of the XFree86
rpms).  I'm assuming you have rpm2cpio or something similar to extract
them?
	ftp://ftp.netwinder.org/devteam/stewart/redhat/RPMS/versioned/

I am extracting the XFree86 patches from the source rpm as well, they will
be at:
	ftp://ftp.netwinder.org/devteam/stewart/patches/XFree86/

The following two contain most of the arm stuff, although there may be a
few pieces in some of the other pathches:
	XFree86-3.3.3.1-arm.patch
	XFree86-3.3.3.1-2010.arm.patch

[Question:  If one where looking for a version of XFree86 from Debian
which compiles on the ARM, would it be in woody?  I really want a more
recent version, and may play with moving some patches up to XFree86-3.3.6
this weekend.  This is assuming I can generate the file listings for my
cross compiler environment this week.]

Good luck,
-Rms