Re: X trouble: mouse, E 0.16 crash

Adam C Powell IV <hazelsct@mit.edu> writes:

> Package: xserver-fbdev
> Version: 3.3.3.1-10.1
>
> Greetings,
>
> I am having a couple of problems with X on ARM (Netwinder, cyber2000fb).
>
>    * When gpm is running, the mouse misbehaves in X, it jumps from side
>      to side on the display and I really can't control its behavior at
>      all.  When I stop gpm and then startx, the mouse is fine.

I noticed that too.

>    * Enlightenment 0.16 crashes the server.  Strace output is at
>      http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/trace .  I know I shouldn't complain
>      about something so bleeding-edge not working, but if the server
>      crashes, it must be a server problem, right?

Most likely.  I didn't do a lot of banging on the server (in fact, I
don't even have a monitor hooked up to my NetWinder at the moment).
My main concern at this point was getting the X libraries into the
archive just to satisfy all the dependencies.

> Thought about submitting this as a bug report, but 3.3.3.1 is so old...
> :-)

Strange.  I've got a record of me uploading xfree86 3.3.5 back in
September.  But it's not there.  Hmmm.

Perhaps I'll have to rebuild it again.  (not that it will fix your problems)

Cheers,

 - Jim