X trouble: mouse, E 0.16 crash

Package: xserver-fbdev
Version: 3.3.3.1-10.1

Greetings,

I am having a couple of problems with X on ARM (Netwinder, cyber2000fb).

   * When gpm is running, the mouse misbehaves in X, it jumps from side
     to side on the display and I really can't control its behavior at
     all.  When I stop gpm and then startx, the mouse is fine.
   * Enlightenment 0.16 crashes the server.  Strace output is at
     http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/trace .  I know I shouldn't complain
     about something so bleeding-edge not working, but if the server
     crashes, it must be a server problem, right?

Thought about submitting this as a bug report, but 3.3.3.1 is so old...
:-)

Zeen,

-Adam P.