Re: Corel and Debian (was: [linux-biz] Re: GNOME announcement) (fwd)

Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> Just back from a Toronto Linux Users Group meeting. Today's topic:
> Netwinder. They had "Jason" (no family name) in, a marketing/sales guy from
> HCC (the company which bought he netwinder biz from CorelComputing).
>
> While he talked a bunch about Netwinders, Linux and the rest, he didn't say
> "Debian" _once_ !!  He mentioned 'third-party Linux developers' a few times.
>
> Quite disappointing.

Before dissappointed I would rather wait another while until they made
their decision but try to stay in touch with the Corel Developers.  From
our license it is ok to not mention our name.  Please keep that in mind.

Regards,

	Joey

--
All language designers are arrogant.  Goes with the territory...
	-- Larry Wall