Re: RH free Netwinder...

In article <[🔎] 19980821152129.I748@cogs.susx.ac.uk> you wrote:

: last time I asked it wasn't possible to have a RH-free netwinder and debian
: was only being used in a chrooted environment. I was wondering what's missing
: and if there is a road map to get it done.

Now that I have a Netwinder in hand, even though I don't have much time to play
with it for the next couple of weeks, I've been thinking about this too.

Does anyone know how to interrupt the boot process to pick a different root
partition and/or kernel?  I haven't found any docs on the NeTTrom thingy yet.
I'd be happy to repartition my disk to set aside a Debian test root partition
and start loading it with the right stuff... I'd like nothing better than to
get to a Debian-only software load, even if it's pretty minimal at first, as
long as it has enough pieces to be able to bootstrap the rest.

I helped both the Sparc and Alpha ports of Debian get over this "initial base
install" hurdle, so I know what I'm getting myself in to...  but I haven't
found docs on the important pieces yet, and just joined all the netwinder.org
lists... is there any archive of traffic on the devel list I could go troll?

Bdale