Re: New gcc

On Tue, Dec 29, 1998 at 06:49:24PM -0800, Jim Pick wrote:

> I tried to configure it so that it would target the armv3 instruction
> set (arm6, arm7) instead of armv4 (StrongARM), but it died in the
> first stage.
>
> I think I'll have to get egcs going to be able to target armv3.
> That's my next project.

Hmm - what advantages and disadvantages are there to this?  It makes
the code usable on other arm boxes, but do we have any of those?  Do
we have a chance of getting any in the near future?  Are there any
performance/compatibility issues?  Especially WRT the kernel?

        Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org