Re: It boots!

On Sun, Oct 04, 1998 at 10:58:05PM -0700, Jim Pick wrote:

> Howdy all,
>
> No more chroot for me, I figured out how to get Debian to boot.  :-)

Right on!!!

> First off, I got San's new Nettrom and installed it.  Instructions on
> how to do this are on his web page.  It's really slick - I had no
> problems getting it to boot of an alternate partition.
>
> Some of the base packages need to be fixed/built:
>
>   util-linux, mingetty  - needs the patch David Welton talked about

Agetty is really easy.. I'll upload it tommorow.  It was just in the
one place that I found the error.  I'll put it in my public_html dir,
as I don't have time to futz with making all the Debian tools work.

> I'm really liking my machine now.  Being able to boot directly into
> Debian makes all the difference in the world - you know, it's like
> that warm, fuzzy feeling you get when you come home after a long trip.
> :-)

Yeah.. this is great:-)  Did you have to boot it with NFS or that
stuff?  This should be wonderful to have running pure Debian:->

Thanks,

	Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org