Re: Debian ports for RiscPC, ARM710, etc.

Matthew Wilcox <Matthew.Wilcox@genedata.com> writes:

> Sorry, it's not nearly that simple.  Can we have a debian-arm and a
> debian-acorn distribution, otherwise people will be confused.  People
> would have been more confused had Phoebe ever made it into production.
> (This would be an Acorn machine which supported the StrongARM properly)

We could call the "armv3" distribution an "arm-acorn" distribution.
That might make sense, especially if we decide to use halfword
instructions for the "arm" version, so it wouldn't run on any of the
Acorn machines.

Of course, that might not be a good name, because Acorn could release
something in the future based on the StrongARM.  Also, there might be
non-Acorn machines that need the armv3 stuff.

Cheers,

 - Jim