Re: Bug status

Hi,

some more bug status:

* Andreas Barth (aba@not.so.argh.org) [061110 14:30]:
>      * #397886: apache2.2-common: non wanted behaviour during upgrade:
>        charset MUST not be created without user consent
> actually, this was reported very recently, but I definitly think that
> this is an RC-bug as it breaks existing usages. Unless there is reason
> why not, I intend to fix this bug as well.

There are still different opinions whether this is RC, or should rather
be considered wishlist+wontfix. Until there is a consensus about the
former, I won't touch this bug.

> There are two bugs where I'm not so sure if the fix is the correct one:
>      * #375369: apache2-mpm-prefork: consumes all available CPU on start
>        after a crash
>        Fix: rm /var/run/apache2/__db.ssl_scache || true
>
>      * #397539: apache2-mpm-prefork: apache2 no longer works after
>        upgrade (Invalid command 'DAVLockDB')
>        Fix: if /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/dav.conf exists -> a2enmod dav_fs
> I don't mind including them in my upload, but I want some review
> comments first.

I really would like some review comments about these bug reports.

New bug reports:
(*)    * #396782: apache2.2-common: Upgrade adds "default" virtual host;
         breaks existing config
proposed fix: if any file/symlink is in the /etc/apache2/sites-enabled,
don't add the default site.

(*)    * #396265: apache2: mod_proxy_ajp connection reuse bug
a fix exists in upstream's bugzilla

(*)    * #395936: Apache2 SSL service stopped working since upgrade to
         2.2.3-2
issue: -D SSL went away since apache2-ssl was ceased.
fix: in case .../ssl.conf is there, add it again

(*)     * #391813: apache2.2-common: man page for apache2 missing in
fix: obvious

(*)     * #338472: apache2: Move /server-info and /server-status conf to
          mods-available
fix: obvious

I intend to NMU the issues marked with (*) as soon as the current
apache2 package went to testing - of course, only in case nobody has an
issue with the NMU.

I also closed some bugs already, and opened a bug for appropriate
documentation in the release notes.

Cheers,
Andi
--