Re: What is the reason of using apache2.conf instead of httpd.conf?

* Daniel Stone (daniel@fooishbar.org) disait :
> httpd.conf is supported as well.  The idea was that apache2.conf would
> be a tiny, minimal file that users never needed to change, while
> httpd.conf would remain for user customisations.  This is because people
> would often customise some of the more ridiculous settings in
> httpd.conf, and then get annoyed when dpkg prompted them to ask what to
> do about it when it changed upstream.  At least, speaking as the guy who
> made this change, that was my motivation.

Then, in a way, httpd.conf is a kind of .local conffile now?

--
                                  Alexis Sukrieh <sukria@sukria.net>
                                               http://www.sukria.net

« Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur. »
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.