Re: Patch to integrate Metux MPM into the Debian unstable Apache2 tree

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 04:56:43PM +0000, Thom May wrote:
> I'm strongly opposed to doing this. I see no sign that the metux authors
> have any desire to integrate metux with upstream, and I absolutely think
> that the apache2 package should not contain any major components that aren't
> included in the upstream tarball. (That way we're not exposed to the
> nightmare of multiple updates that the 1.3 package can be)
Hello Thom,

Having read your mail, I agree with your opinion that the Debian apache2
package should remain largely untainted.

There have been a few abortive attempts by the Metux MPM community to
increase awareness of the Metux MPM, but admittedly these have generally
stopped short of doing any extra work in order to justify inclusion into
the Apache 2 tree.

Do you have any suggestions as to how Metux MPM could increase the
chances of inclusion into mainstream Apache 2?

Thank you,

--

Nick Maynard
nick.maynard@alumni.doc.ic.ac.uk

"It is always difficult for a man to grasp that a woman can love him
passionately without making the slightest effort to please him."
-- Anthony Powell