Re: apxs and LIBEXECDIR ?

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, David N. Welton wrote:

> Basically, yes.  If I install a 3rd party module that uses apxs, it
> will install in /usr/lib/apache/1.3, and presumably everything will be
> working ok untill I try and upgrade and *bang*, my previously
> functional installation is broken.
>
> I'm not sure what the 'solution' to this bug is, but if you consider
> the number of bug reports that have arrived to date and do some
> extrapolation to the number of stable users who will hit this on
> upgrade, to me it seems evident that another solution is necessary.  I
> wish I were able to suggest something that would make everyone happy,
> but I don't have all the world's answers, only some of them;-)

As I said the bug is pending. A fix has been already introduced to avoid
apache to stop upgrading. Another fix instead is on the way to generate
.info files from apxs (#228077) but it is still under testing and it will
not make it for this release

Fabio

--
<user> fajita: step one
<fajita> Whatever the problem, step one is always to look in the error log.