The mod_perl bug: can I simply recompile?

Hi!  I've been bitten by the mod_perl bug, and I'm getting some pressure
to get rid of it ASAP, as we're using mod_perl/Mason for development.
Looked at incoming, but didn't see any 1.3.27.1-4 yet. :(

Is the fix simply to recompile apache with the latest libperl-dev?
(IOW, will I screw things up if I go ahead and do it?)  Given the delay,
I figured maybe the solution wasn't so trivial, hence my question.

--
             Frederic Briere    <*>    fbriere@fbriere.net

 =>  <fbriere@abacom.com> IS NO MORE:  <http://www.abacomsucks.com>  <=