Re: Memory Overflow Problem with Woody Apache

On Sat, Sep 13, 2003 at 08:11:38AM +0200, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> > I'm running apache from woody which perl and php. Over the past few
> > months, apache has occasionally starting eating up all the available
> > memory, until it fills up the swap file and gets killed.
> you can try using ps axv to dump processes information together with ram
> usage. and when the memory leak occours you should be able to see it.

I've tried this; all I see is the apache process growing slowly over
time. So I've confirmed that it's apache, but don't see anythig more
about what apache is doing.

> Please also repeat the test using a "fresh and clean" configuration that
> does not include any fancy module as possible since one of them could also
> be the reason of the problem. If the leak doesn't occour in this situation
> please send us the clean and the "dirty" configuration.

Unfortunately, this is a production machine that needs several modules up
and running (php, mod_perl, mod_rewrite, etc.). Sometimes two or more
weeks will pass without memory overflow, and I can't disable the
functionality for that long.

Any other suggestions for how I might troubleshoot this without disabling
any services?
--
Adam Kessel
http://bostoncoop.net/adam