RE: Apache Debian Package: the init process

> * Gabe Martin-Dempesy (gabe@mudbuginfo.com) wrote :
> > If a user has an SSL certificate installed with apache and reboots,
> > the system will sit waiting for the certificate password.  This may
> > not be a problem if you have physical access to the machine, but if
> > you have a colocated server you run into the issue of the
> removal of
> > /etc/nologin coming after the startup of apache, making the machine
> > unreachable
> >
> Yes, we're aware of the problem (see the numerous submitted
> bugs). We're working with the upstream author to bring about
> a fix for this, although the current recommendation is to not
> bother with a password. Cheers -Thom

You can ofcourse (if you trust your machine), remove the passphrase from
your private key:
openssl rsa -in file1.key -out file2.key

as per

http://kb.thawte.com/esupport/thawte/solutionarea.asp?togglefacts=1&strCurre
ntSymptom=&strStartUserName=&bForceMatch=&number=19&searchtype=normal&bnewse
ssion=false&id=ab0ea667-b8ea-484a-b91c-a7a1ac58b0d6&resource=&togglecause=0&
togglechange=0