Re: kde Desktop on wheezy - nvidiacard - production ready?

Hendrik,

I see. Now that's another statement !

Maybe you should move to grub then, within Squeeze, and also try to upgrade only the 'problem' packages first ? if that's all fine, to the rest ?

I always do such things within aptitude, maybe in several cycles, since it gives me more choices than just running --upgrade. Including the choice to simply deinstall some apps temporarily (keep a list) and reinstall when everything else is fine.

I admit this is not what you would expect from a package management that provides --upgrade, but at least, there is a chance.

There should be good reason why you would upgrade an Ubuntu (for example) only in minor consecutive version steps. In Debian, this resembles tracking 'testing' all the time. The only alternative that i know, is temporarily deinstall blocking / broken things, and manually decide and process major changes (like moving to grub or upstart).