Re: cryptroot Volume group not found

Thanks for the swift reply. Well. The second time I tried it I
switched to a terminal to verify that it was inputting the correct
characters during the install, which it did. I have no odd settings in
BIOS as far as I can tell and I'm not using Extended ASCII. The
bootloader (grub) doesn't get my keyboard layout (swedish) and I'm
stuck with US layout but that shouldn't be a problem afaik. Whether
the actual decryption prompt gets the correct characters there's no
way to tell; at least none I know of. From what I understand the
problem seems to be the same, or at least similar, to the one in the
bug report in my first message, i.e. it cannot verify my password as
it's not trying to open the correct volume. The only thing about this
that confounds me is that that bug was fixed two years ago. With that
bug you didn't get to the passphrase stage, though.

I'm trying out an old Lenny CD to see if that works. If it doesn't,
I'll try again with Squeeze and input my password with the assumption
that I'm using a US keyboard as that is the only option I haven't
exhausted.

Thanks again!