cryptroot Volume group not found

Hi!

I don't know whether this is the place for this but I'll try anyway.

I'm trying to install Debian on an AMD64 system with encrypted root.
When rebooting after install I get the following:

Volume group "system" not found
Skipping volume group system
Unable to find LVM volume system/root
Volume group "system" not found
Skipping volume group system
Unable to find LVM volume system/swap_1
Unlocking the disk /dev/disk/by-uuid/blah-blah-blah (sda5_crypt)
Enter passphrase:

And the passphrase I've chosen doesn't work. Sorry for the messily
written output but I had to write it down by hand, as it were. I've
tried using both the first stable CD and the latest weekly build of
testing but I get exactly the same result. I've also tried messing
about with AHCI/IDE settings for my SATA controllers in BIOS to no
avail. Searching for help I found this
(http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=554506) from two
years ago and some other things that are very similar but marked as
fixed.

I'm not on the list so please CC me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!