Re: 32 or 64 bits for the end user.

Hendrik,
Don't worry about it. Been using amd64 for a few years and had really no problems user wise. I did install ia32 libs in addition to the normal 64 bit libs and it has caused no probs. Had used Lenny for a few years, then the new version came out, Squeeze and since back when I had been using 32 bit, before I moved to 64 because of a mtbd change, I had been with testing all the time w. no real problems, I went this time, jumped squeeze and am using wheezy 64 bit. And am having no real user problems except as everyone has mentioned, linux does have some difficulty getting the most current video codecs and drivers. Hey, I was on Veoh the other day and they want you to download an .exe file, M$ only I guess. Oh well. Yes there are some videos I can't see but for most things a normal user would use it's fine. HTH's

Cheers,
Whit