Re: 32 or 64 bits for the end user.

I think you could use it for an end user...

Really few problems right now just try...

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 9:35 AM, Hendrik Boom <hendrik@topoi.pooq.com> wrote:
Yet again the 32 vs 64 bit question.

I have Debian systems at home running 32 bits, and my server has been
running happily in 64-bit mode fopr years.  Now I get to install debian
for an end-user on another AMD-64 machine.  64-bit mode is tempting, but:

Are there still significant end-user problems for 64-bit Debian?  The
machine has nvidia graphics on the motherboard (I believe).  My user is
likely to want to use flash, which has always been a problem in Linux,
but ... Is it still even more of a problem in 64-bit mode?

Any other likely end-user problems?

-- hendrik

Perhaps the depth of love can be calibrated by the number of different selves that are actively involved in a given relationship.
                    Carl Sagan (Contact)

Absolute certainty is a privilege of uneducated minds-and fanatics. It is, for scientific folk, an unattainable ideal.
                    Cassius J. Keyser

Eres un barco en el mar de emociones donde la mente y el corazón son el timón y el motor de tu vida; la muerte es tu destino, el amor tu capitán y deseo con toda el alma que tu viaje sea emocionante, lleno de aventuras y que dure muchos años.

                   Montaño

                    Jaime Ochoa Malagón
                    Arquitecto de Soluciones
                    Cel: +52 (55) 1021 0774