Re: Intel mac support for Squeeze?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Intel mac support for Squeeze?
- From: Goswin von Brederlow <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 19:49:09 +0200
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org> (Hendrik Boom's message of "Mon, 13 Sep 2010 02:42:07 +0000 (UTC)")
- References: <4C695307.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 16:02:31 +0100, Matthew Vernon wrote:
>> [I'm not on this mailing list - it'd be kindness if you CCd any replies]
>> What's the status of Intel Mac support in Squeeze? I have managed to
>> install lenny on an intel mac pro, but it was a bit of a faff (and
>> involved downloading odds and ends linked from wiki.debian.org, which is
>> clearly far from ideal); it'd be good if these machines (which seem to
>> be otherwise pretty good for reasearch) could be properly supported...
The best thing you can do for this is to help.
Download a squeeze Debian Installer and the install manual and try
installing. Keep good notes about what doesn't work and what you need to
do to fix it. Then in the end send in the installation report including
Remember: Someone who doesn't have a Intel Mac can't test this so they
will never find the bugs. You have to find them and then others can help