nvidia boot agent

Hello:
I had a lot of troubles in the last few days with  a Tyan S2895
mainboard, 8 slots 1GB ECC, raid1 amd64 lenny. The warning was
hardware problems (mem, sometimes HDs not detected, SCSI card
failure).

To make the story short, I discovered that the order of boot in BIOS was

1) CDROM

2) NVIDIA BOOT AGENT 229.0525

Removed that NVIDIA from boot options and replaced with one of the
raid1 HDs, all problems disappeared. The conclusion about what to do
with a new mainboard is obvious. That agent may not (like in the past)
or it can  (suddenly a few days ago without touching BIOS) mess
everything.

******************

May I ask about the message

[0.513557] PCI: Failed to allocate mem resource #6:20000e0000000 for 0000:8100.0

which appears before linux is called? That message was present during
the whole life of this mainboard and still persists, apparently
harmless. lspci reveals that it refers to

81:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV43 [GeForce
6600] (rev a2)

which, as far as I understand, is fully functioning.

thanks
francesco pietra