Re: intel i3 processor

Amd64 is also about more general purposes registers in addition to bigger numbers.

Generally speaking anything will benefit from more registers, and if a problem uses the larger int's (or uses a large number library which uses them) you will experience enormous performance gains.

More addressable memory helps as well.

There is 64bit flash bit adobe dropped it. It can be found if you are happy with the known security problems.

8 years of amd64 and counting. I've even asked our redhat rep when 32bit i686 will be dropped (not any time soon, gar!)

Dean