Re: Google Gears

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 6:41 AM, ael <law_ence.dev@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 05, 2010 at 03:48:54PM +0100, Eric S Fraga wrote:
>> On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 17:52:22 +1000, Alexander Samad <alex@samad.com.au> wrote:
>> You don't need gears (which has never really worked well for me even
>> when I've been able to install it).  You could use any of a number of
>> imap mirroring tools.  I use offlineimap quite successfully for
>> offline gmail.

My aim is to be able to keep using my gmail/gapps mail like I do with
outlook, but I have a couple of different access points. offline gmail
sounded like the way to go.

So it seem like I will fall back to using outlook - which I had to use
any way for work...

> offlineimap is very good, but it has just been orphaned, so is currently
> unmaintained. There are a few bugs lurking in there: it may be necessary
> to research bug reports and apply patches.

 bugger, I use this to currently backup my gmail/ google apps
accounts, so is it unmaintained upstream or just deb