Re: Google Gears

On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 17:52:22 +1000, Alexander Samad <alex@samad.com.au> wrote:

> [snip]
> >> did a search for deb amd64 google gears, lots of links to some old
> >> stuff 2-3 years old. wondering if there is any thing new.
> >
> > http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=17443
>
> bugger thats a sad story, I want offline gmail - looking at ditching
> evolution in favour of offline gmail.

You don't need gears (which has never really worked well for me even
when I've been able to install it).  You could use any of a number of
imap mirroring tools.  I use offlineimap quite successfully for
offline gmail.

HTH,
eric
--
Eric S Fraga
GnuPG: 8F5C 279D 3907 E14A 5C29  570D C891 93D8 FFFC F67D