Re: Pixma iP1000 printer driver on Lenny AMD64

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 04:45:40PM +0800, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:
> Anyone ever configured this printer on debian 64 bit? Or any canon printer
> on lenny 64?

Unfortuantely Canon seems to be very unfriendly to others writing
drivers for their products.

Epson and HP on the other hand are much more open (HP even writes open
source drivers and releases thim, while epson at least seems to provide
documentation requried to write drivers).

I have used many epson inkjets with linux without issues, and many
postscript printers.  Can't go wrong with postscript of course.

For linux use though, Canon is best avoided (and personally I think
their print quality means they are best avoided all together).