Re: What is the matter with the "http://people.debian.org/~rafael/skype-amd64/"?

A J Stiles wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 Jul 2009, James Brown wrote:
>
>> 1. How can I maintain my anonimity when establishing this  [IAX tunnelled
>>
> through SSH]  connection?
>
> Using the mechanisms already built into SSH.  If you are concerned about MITM
> attacks, then you will need a secure backchannel to exchange key fingerprints
> beforehand.
>
> You aren't anonymous to the far end of the connection; that's kind of the
> point.  You always know who is leaning over and whispering in your ear.
>

>> How can I be sure that an owner of far host don't write logs and don't
>> give or sell or etc. them to the Government?
>>

> Because the person on the far end is someone you trust.  Otherwise you
> wouldn't be talking to them.  Beside which, this problem exists with all
> communication channels.
>
> If your data passes through some intermediate host over which you have no
> control, well, it's encrypted so useless to them.  And once your used keys
> are in the public domain, then they could have made it all up  :)

To have somebody you trust is very difficult. Even you can trust anybody
he can be tort by somebody else :-) , for example.
It needs to have a technical system which be able to give you needed
guaranies for your security and anonimity.
It will be very good if it is be created a VoIP network running like
Tor. But I don't know anyone working like Tor.
But the Tor itself doesn't work with UDP using in VoIP, only with TCP.