Re: Problems with linux-image-amd64 on 32bit OS

ucko@debian.org (Aaron M. Ucko) writes:

> Mainly if you do so globally.  My suggestion would be to run builds
> that insist on second-guessing the compiler under "setarch i386" (aka
> "linux32") to limit the scope of the altered uname information:
>
> $ uname -m
> x86_64
> $ linux32 uname -m
> i686
> $ setarch i386 uname -m
> i686

Thanks.  This was also suggested to me off list.  It seems to be just
the ticket.

Some of this software's environment setup is also "uname sensitive" so
basically I must do:

 linux32 /bin/bash

Before building, setting the environment or running.

The only remaining problems I have seem to be due to the more strict
GCC 4.3 that is now standard on lenny.  But that problem is not for
this list.

Thanks for all the help.

-Brett.