Re: raid1 issue, somewhat related to recent "debian on big machines"

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 11:45:37AM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Alex Samad <alex@samad.com.au> writes:

[snip]

> > I would still argue for a separate /boot - plain old ext2, mount it ro
> > until kernel upgrade, maybe store a rescue image on their, and with the
> > size of disks now a days whats 500m or even 10G
>
> Have a 1GB / and mount it read-only.
>
> But if you do want a seperate /boot then put / on lvm too and move and
> link /etc/lvm to /boot/lvm. There is no reason to have another
> partition and raid and the benefits of lvm are there too.

yes I could, but I wouldn't just piece of mind, if I waste a partition
then I waste 1, again another layer of "just in case", I can easily load
up 1 disk from a raid1, but trying to decide where the data is from a
lvm on raid is well.