Re: "big" machines running Debian?

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 02:44:04PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 02/27/2009 02:25 PM, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 11:49:29AM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
>>> I was referring to the fact that softraid couldn't do that.
>>
>> Are you sure?
>
> No...
>
>>                mdadm appears capable of managing spares automatically
>> when such are setup for the raid.
>>

> In mdadm.conf?  I'm really surprised (and pleased)!

not sure about mdadm.conf. but definately when you define a raid set you
can define a hot spare

--
"The recession started upon my arrival. It could have been -- some say February, some say March, some speculate maybe earlier it started -- but nevertheless, it happened as we showed up here. The attacks on our country affected our economy. Corporate scandals affected the confidence of people and therefore affected the economy. My decision on Iraq, this kind of march to war, affected the economy."

	- George W. Bush
02/08/2004
on Meet the Press