Re: ia32 library repository

El dc 27 de 02 del 2008 a les 07:36 +1100, en/na Alex Samad va escriure:
> I will try to summarise (just to see if I understand).  You take
> originally packed i386 packages and basically change the control
> information (I presume make changes to the path'ing - do these libraries
> end up in /lib32/)

Most of them are simply repackaged as you've told. Others need to be
recompiled. Applications are compiled natively. The ~jasp version
indicates these exceptions. pango1.0 uses the original packaging with
DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=multiarch.

> not sure if there was any resolution on what to do with /bin (exe's)

32-bit programs won't be hosted if there's the 64-bit alternative. Of
course, you can make them with the scripts.

> have you packaged up your script ?

I will, eventually. There's a lot of testing to do before.

> I think the idea to use aloth is a good idea,

Already applied. Thanks for the bandwidth offers.

> how do we (amd64
> community) help with that

You can help testing the packages and reporting what's missing or isn't
working. Little test cases reproducing the bug are very handy.

libasound2-plugins is already available.

Bye.