Re: ia32 library repository

On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 22:38 +0100, Javier Serrano Polo wrote:
> Hi, amd64 users.
>
> It looks like my first announcement didn't get through. It's in bug
> #464796, message #35.

This is excellent news!

> There're some libraries that haven't been tested and may fail (reports
> are welcome). For instance, those making use of plugins like sane.
> Requests for packages in main and contrib may be accepted, specially if
> they don't have an amd64 counterpart.

libasound2-plugins is about the only 32-bit library that I need to get
my system fully usable. Without it most of my sound-related 32-bit apps
don't work. (Combination of pulseaudio, alsa, etc, causing the
problems.)

> I've already contacted some maintainers to try to keep this as automated
> as possible. I've been told one single DD could help solve the
> repository bandwidth problem. Help is always welcome.

I can also definitely help with the bandwidth issues. I've got a few
servers with fiber connections that could host a copy of the packages.
Contact me off-list if you're interested.

Thanks again for taking the time and effort necessary to do this! It's
much appreciated by those of us in the amd64 world. :)

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837