Re: nvidia and latest unstable kernel image

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 17:28:26 +0000 (UTC),
Sebastian Luque <spluque@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried building a few times more and got the full error message:
> /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.25-2-amd64/scripts/gcc-x86_64-has-stack-protector.sh:
> No such file or directory

> and although the build process finishes fine, this looks like a bug
> somewhere which may be rendering the package unuseable.  At this
> point, I'd like to just downgrade to the testing packages.  Can
> someone provide some tips to do this with module-assistant?  I have my
> /etc/apt/apt.conf with the following:

> APT::Default-Release "unstable";

> so I'm not sure how to get module-assistant to do it.  Thanks.

I'm quite stuck and without knowing how to do the above, I've tried to
use module-assistant again (removing /usr/src/nvidia* and
/usr/src/modules/nvidia prior to that) and with the -t switch to have a
better log of the procedure (please see attached).  In the meantime,
I've set my /etc/X11/xorg.conf to use the "nv" driver (which makes my
display look quite funny...).  I'm also not sure whether this is a
problem in the latest linux kernel image (2.6.25-2) or in the nvidia
driver, or their combination, since this only came up after upgrading
both.  Any further help would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

--
Seb