Re: m-a auto install failed with new kernel.....

On 5/28/08, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
> On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 09:32:58PM +0000, Michael Fothergill wrote:
> > Thanks, I got the new packages and I now have the nvidia card working again.
> >
> > I don't want to download and install the next kernel when it is released.
> >
> > If I comment out the sid respository entries in the apt.sources file will I be able to stop kernel no 26 or whatever it would be from being installed on the machine?
> > If so the lenny updates ought to still appear from time to time but I should be able to have a kernel that has a working nvidia card for the foreseeable future on this laptop shouldn't I.
>
> Well Lenny will most likely gain a new kernel at some point, but not as
> soon as sid does.  2.6.24 in lenny is causing some issues with IDE
> devices on some chipsets, which 2.6.25 fixes, so 2.6.24 is not the final
> kernel. :)

do you think the final kernel could be 2.6.25?
even without the bttv module?
that will be a shame...
2.6.25 don't solve ide issues (DVD) in my old ASUS A8V Deluxe... to
burn CD/DVD I use 2.6.23 :-(
and the lack of bttv module I couldn't use 2.6.25 to see tv (video
composite) :-(