Re: Laptop advice

On Mon, 12 May 2008 23:40:19 +0200, Gilles Sadowski wrote:

> This one (ThinkPad R61) is currently a special offer at my usual IT
> shop:
>   http://www5.pc.ibm.com/europe/products.nsf/$wwwPartNumLookup/_NF0FDxx?
open&OpenDocument&epi=web_express

> It seems that it has all the recommended components. Any gotchas I
> should be aware of?

The R61 is an excellent choice. If it's in your price range, go for it.

As for "how to assess cheapness", I think it's quite subjective: hardware
components are pretty much the same for all manufacturers, what really
changes are build quality and screens. That said, there are people for
whom 1000EUR is a lot of money, and others for whom it's not much.

--
Best Regards, Jack
Linux User #264449