console: what is the default in Debian-amd64 ?

Dear maintainers,

during an update some time ago, the settings for console seemed to be altered.

Now X is on console 9 (tty8) but was before on console 7 (tty6). Although
thisis no great problem, I would like to know, if the change was made by a
package or something else.

I found no information, how to set X back to console 7. My inittab was never
changes by me, so I cannot explain it to myself.

Where do I have to look ? Which is the default console number for X in
debian-amd64 ? Some documentation would be helpful, too.

Best regards

Hans