Re: Via pm4900 Chrome9 graphics.

wrote:
> > Does anyone have any experience compiling a driver for
> > a Via P4M900 Chrome9 grapics chip?
> >
> > So far I'm on testing/lenny.
> >
> > Xorg.org is down at the moment, so I can't check for
> > support.
> >
> > This is in an Asus  P5VD2-VM motherboard.
>
> xserver-xorg-video-via doesn't handle it already?

> seems to indicate that someone is working on packaging
> xserver-xorg-video-openchrome which should work with
> your video chip.
>
> This one from ubuntu might work for you:
> http://mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu/pool/universe/x/xserver
>-xorg-video-openchrome/xserver-xorg-video-openchrome_0.2.
>6+svn357-0ubuntu3_amd64.deb
>
> You can find the source package if it needs a rebuild
> here:
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/gutsy/xserver-xorg-video-open
>chrome
>
> --
> Len Sorensen
H Len.

Thanks for the links.

The chip I'm working with is the  P4M900, which is pretty
new Via, so the Xorg via deb driver doesn't support it.

The docs with the source code didn't work for me as the
openchrome effort is Fedora centric.

I was hoping that m-a or at least ./configure & make would
be possible to use, but no.

Thanks anyway.
Chris W.