Re: apt-get problem

On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 05:39:04PM -0600, Don Montgomery wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jan 2008, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 11:50:58AM -0600, Don Montgomery wrote:

[snip]

Use whatever package management tools you usually use and see what proxy
packages you have installed.  Then delete it.

KDE Control Center lists "Proxy" as "connect to the
Internet directly"

Is there another way to find out what I need to know?

This isn't a KDE thing.

What package manager do you use?  E.g. aptitude, apt-get, dselect...

I have tried to stick to apt-get exclusively.

Then use its search function and look for installed packages with the
word "proxy" in the description.

Thanks, I will do that immediately ...

OK, it turns out that I installed the Tor plugin for Firefox, which installed a proxy. That, and related programs have now been uninstalled. Still, apt-get does not update, so I guess I have not rooted out all the reconfiguration that the installation of the plugin did.

It does give me enough to get started on, so I will see what else I can find. I am sorry to have troubled this list with a non-amd64 issue.

Thanks, Don

Doug.