Re: Mute key not working anymore on T61

On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 05:43:28PM +0100, Cyril Jaquier wrote:
> Since a few days (weeks?), my mute key does not work anymore. Volume up
> and down work as expected. xev just says nothing while pressing this
> key. I reported this here:

> However, I can't remember if the mute key used to generate an ACPI event
> or was monitored by thinkpad-keys!?
>
> Dear Lenovo T61 users, do you have a working mute key under unstable?

I think I saw some lenovo thinkpad acpi discussions on LKML a few days
ago involving the mute key.  Might be worth looking that up.  I know it
was sometime in the last 4 days.

http://groups.google.ca/group/fa.linux.kernel/browse_thread/thread/9336308b2f32816e/fbf3c13bad7f8231?lnk=st&q=lenovo+mute+acpi+linux#fbf3c13bad7f8231

I searched for 'lenovo mute acpi linux' on google groups which found it.
It appears to be a change in 2.6.23 that causes the problem.