Re: apt-get problem

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 05:39:04PM -0600, Don Montgomery wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jan 2008, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 11:50:58AM -0600, Don Montgomery wrote:

For discontinuing the proxy, I guess I can go into
/etc/rc*.d/* and comment out all the lines mentioning port
4001; would reboot be necessary after that?  Otherwise,
how would one go about fixing the proxy so that it does
work?

stop top posting.

my apologies

Debian doesn't proxy by default so you must have a proxy package
installed.  If you don't want it, remove it.

that sounds like a good idea; perhaps I could google up
"proxy package" and find out what might be there?

Don

Is that supposed to be funny?

no

Use whatever package management tools you usually use and see what proxy
packages you have installed.  Then delete it.

KDE Control Center lists "Proxy" as "connect to the Internet directly"

Is there another way to find out what I need to know?

Thanks, Don

Doug.