Re: Webcam from a chroot?

Alex Malinovich ha scritto:
On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 21:56 +0100, Davide Mancusi wrote:
I would like programs inside a 32-bit chroot to be able to access my USB webcam, which works fine outside the jail. From the chroot, however, it does not work out-of-the-box, nor do I know if it is at all possible to do it.

The first thing I'd check is to make sure you that you have /dev
and /proc mounted inside the jail. You should have lines similar to this
in your /etc/fstab:

proc  /var/chroot/sid-ia32/proc  proc   defaults  0  0
/dev  /var/chroot/sid-ia32/dev   none   bind      0  0

(note that the "proc" line does NOT have a / before it)

	Interesting. My /etc/fstab looks like this:

/dev    /var/chroot/sid-ia32/dev  none  bind,auto   0  0
/proc   /var/chroot/sid-ia32/proc none  bind,auto   0  0

However, modifying it as you indicated does not help with the webcam. Which version of /etc/fstab is "more correct", now? Binding /proc seemed to make sense to me...

	Thanks for the help.

Davide

--
A tautology is a thing which is tautological.