Webcam from a chroot?

Hello hello,

(I posted a similar message a few months ago on debian-user with no luck. Perhaps it is more appropriate to ask here.)

I would like programs inside a 32-bit chroot to be able to access my USB webcam, which works fine outside the jail. From the chroot, however, it does not work out-of-the-box, nor do I know if it is at all possible to do it.

	An example of failure:
This is xawtv-3.95.dfsg.1, running on Linux/i686 (2.6.21-amd64-bootsplash)
xinerama 0: 1152x864+0+0
/dev/video0 [v4l]: ioctl VIDIOCGCAP: Invalid argument
no video grabber device available

	Oh, I am running sid. Any suggestion or advice is warmly appreciated.

Cheers,
Davide

--
A tautology is a thing which is tautological.