Re: Package xserver-xorg-core and Nvidia

Adam Stiles wrote:

Best course of action:  stick to Intel graphics, or use the free "nv" driver.

It is my understanding that the ATI (now part of AMD) cards were going to be totally open?

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3108

Thank you AMD - I sure hope our driver people take the challenge and make the best driver available!

So, I think it will be a choice between Intel and ATI - not sure which is more open. For applications that don't need 3D like most desktop stuff, I read somewhere that ATI out performs Nvidia.

BTW, Intel has also better about making information available than they get credit for. I think the day is rapidly approaching where they can no longer ignore the OSS community.

Karl Schmidt                         EMail Karl@xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                     WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                    Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                     FAX (785) 841-0434

A patent provides one a license to enrich his lawyer. -kps