Re: raw1394 issue

On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 01:29:37PM +0000, Valentina Messeri wrote:
> as reported from HS (and a few more) not including raw1394 in pre-compiled
> kernel causes bad problems to firewire users.....the only answer from
> debian-kernel seems to be "compile your own kernel" which is quite funny, for a
> normal user.
>
> Any idea about debian policy and/or alternative solutions?
>
> raw1394 and 2.6.22 in testing

It isn't included because it doesn't work with the new firewire stack in
2.6.22 and going to the new one makes a lot of sense security wise as
far as I understand it.  It is now up to the user space tools to learn
to work with the new firewire stack, which is unfortunately taking much
longer that I would have imagined.