raw1394 issue

>Hello,

>I recall reading someplace that raw1394 module is no longer included in
>2.6.22 kernel and up. Consequently, one cannot use dvgrab in these
>kernels. Anybody know what is the status now? Or any other method with
>which to use dvgrab (and/or kino) with these kernels in Debian?

>thanks,
->HS

as reported from HS (and a few more) not including raw1394 in pre-compiled
kernel causes bad problems to firewire users.....the only answer from
debian-kernel seems to be "compile your own kernel" which is quite funny, for a
normal user.

Any idea about debian policy and/or alternative solutions?

raw1394 and 2.6.22 in testing

http://encosianima.net/

This message was sent via Slackmail, web mail from Psand.net.