Re: Kernel and Xen on an Intel Quad-Core Xeon E5320 processor

Hello Jim,

On 8/28/07, Jim Crilly <jim@why.dont.jablowme.net> wrote:

You can't give each VM (or domU in Xen terms) all of your memory so at the
very least you'll have to rethink that part of your setup.

Then how will I allocate memory for each domU?  What's the best practice for this kind of setup?

As for the CPUs,
Xen 3.0 and up does seem to support SMP domUs but I can't imagine it would
be a very good idea to give multiple domUs all 4 CPUs.

What can you advice then based from your experience?

If you have this kind of machine, how will you design your Xen domUs in such a way that you can properly utilize all your hardware components with the optimum performance for your network services as well as hosting different web domains you plan to deploy in a production environment?

Please advice.

Thank you in advance.

GNUbie