Re: Problems booting with a new kernel (updated) and solved!!!!

A Dijous 19 Juliol 2007 18:51, Chris Ahlstrom va escriure:
> * Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda <lepalom@wol.es> [2007-07-19 18:32:35 +0200]:
> > A Dijous 19 Juliol 2007 18:25, Lennart Sorensen va escriure:

> > > Did you try comparing the config from your kernel and the one from the
> > > 2.6.18 etch kernel?  Perhaps you left some important option out that
> > > debian enables.
> >
> > yes, I normally create the new config from the original config from a
> > debian kernel ... and assuming the rest ok.
>
> I had a similar problem, trying to boot from SATA.  I finally ended up
> just compiling the sata_nv driver into the kernel, instead of trying to
> get it from initrd, initramfs, or yaird.  Never did figure out where I
> was going wrong, all I did was copy the /boot/config... file to
> /usr/src/linux/.config and do the make oldconfig thing..

Yes,

the concatenated problem have been that from 2.6.18 to up, the configuration
of the sata devices have changes to the libata driver. Then if you update
your config from 2.6.18 and your boot device is a sata, the kernel
configuration doesn't have active the old sata drivers and the new libata
drivers, so, you don't have sata driver!!!! then the init doesn't found any
disk, although I put uuid, or otherwise.

Another question is the splash image in grub, but this is another question.

Thanks for all the help,

Regards,

Leo