Re: Problems booting with a new kernel (updated)

A Dijous 19 Juliol 2007 18:42, Lennart Sorensen va escriure:
> On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 06:32:35PM +0200, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:
> > yes, I normally create the new config from the original config from a
> > debian kernel ... and assuming the rest ok.
>
> Sometimes options change, and you have to be careful about how you
> answer the questions from 'make oldconfig' after copying over the config
> from the previous version.  Even basing on the config from debian's
> 2.6.21 might be better.
>
> It sounds like it isn't loading the driver for your harddisk.  Do you
> see it detect your disk before the "waiting for root..." message?

no, that's the problem. It's a sata disk and I have read something about the
change between sata and libata in the new kernels but I don't know what.

Now, I'm compiling a new kernel, with the specifically the libata support
activated.

Thanks,

Leo