Re: uswsusp not detecting swap during Debian testing install

On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 09:16:10AM -0500, Seb wrote:
> Now that I got through wrestling Vista's partition, I stumble upon this
> issue.  During installation of Debian testing onto the laptop, right after
> packages chosen for install have been downloaded, I get the following
> message:
>
> ---<---------------cut here---------------start-------------->---
> "The swap file or partition that was found in uswsusp's configuration file
> is not active. In most cases this means userspace software suspend will
> not work for you and you will need to choose (or let uswsusp choose)
> another swap space. In some corner cases however, this can be what you
> want.  Continue without a valid swap space?"
> ---<---------------cut here---------------end---------------->---
>
> which is quite strange, since I created a logical swap partition with 5 Gb
> during the partitioning steps:
>
> 1) ntfs  primary    forget exact amount
> 2) ntfs  primary    forget exact amount
> 3) /     primary    35 Gb
> 4) swap  logical    5  Gb
> 5) /home primary    80 Gb
>
> in that order, thinking that 5 Gb should be enough.  If choose not to
> continue, the screen becomes garbled with thick stripes of different
> colors, although it's possible to see that the installation procedure
> continues.  Has anybody gotten some experience with this?  Thanks...again!

As long as swap is larger than ram, suspend should be OK with it.

Of course it is imposible to have 4 primary partitions if you have any
logical partitions since the logical partitions all share a primary
slot.  Is /home by any change logical too?  If not, you probably don't
have a swap partition since there was nowhere to put it.  There is of
course no reason /home should be a primary partition anyhow.