uswsusp not detecting swap during Debian testing install

Hi again,

Now that I got through wrestling Vista's partition, I stumble upon this
issue.  During installation of Debian testing onto the laptop, right after
packages chosen for install have been downloaded, I get the following
message:

---<---------------cut here---------------start-------------->---
"The swap file or partition that was found in uswsusp's configuration file
is not active. In most cases this means userspace software suspend will
not work for you and you will need to choose (or let uswsusp choose)
another swap space. In some corner cases however, this can be what you
want.  Continue without a valid swap space?"
---<---------------cut here---------------end---------------->---

which is quite strange, since I created a logical swap partition with 5 Gb
during the partitioning steps:

1) ntfs  primary    forget exact amount
2) ntfs  primary    forget exact amount
3) /     primary    35 Gb
4) swap  logical    5  Gb
5) /home primary    80 Gb

in that order, thinking that 5 Gb should be enough.  If choose not to
continue, the screen becomes garbled with thick stripes of different
colors, although it's possible to see that the installation procedure
continues.  Has anybody gotten some experience with this?  Thanks...again!

Cheers,

--
Seb